Red Cross Babysitter Training provides youth who are planning to babysit with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and responsibly care for children and infants. Eight hours comprehensive training plus hands-on activities will help participants develop leadership skills, learn how to develop a babysitting business, keep themselves and others safe and help children behave, and learn about basic child care and basic first aid.
Red Cross Pediatric First Aid / CPR / AED certification is not included in the 8 hour course but will be taught at a later date/time for those opting to add the certification to their babysitter training at the time of registration.
Lunch is included.Course Outline:
- You're the Boss: A Guide to Leadership (1 hour of Leadership Styles)
- The Business of Babysitting (1 hour of Basic Business Planning)
- Safe and Sound on the Job (1 hour of Safety Training)
- Understanding Kids from 0 to 10 (2 hours of Child Development Training)
- From Feeding to Bedtime: Caring for Kids (1 hour of Overcoming Child-Care Challenges)
- Emergency Training (2 hours of Safety Training)
Deluxe Training Materials Included
The Babysitter's Training Deluxe Student Kit provides students with the text they need for their Babysitter's Training course, as well as some additional tools that may come in handy for the next time they babysit.
The Kit Includes:
- Babysitter's Training Participant's Set
- Pocket First Aid Pack
- American Red Cross LED Flat Flashlight with Magnet
- American Red Cross Drawstring Backpack.
Refund & Transfer Policy
Safety Check Services LLC will transfer you into a class with the following fee structure:
- Transfer requested more than 7 days before class: $5.00 processing fee;
- Transfer requested between 2 and 6 days before class: $15.00 processing fee;
- Transfer requested less than 48 hours before class: $25.00 processing fee;
- Transfer requested within 48 hours of missing a class: $35.00 processing fee.
A customer is enrolled once they receive a confirmation notice.